Kenya’s Director-General of Immigration Services, Alexander Muteshi, has excused the cases of the country’s complicity in the capture and “removal” of the head of Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, to Nigeria.
Likewise, an Official in the Kenya Ministry of Interior said that the service doesn’t know about the “removal” of Nnamdi Kanu to Nigeria.
The PUNCH had revealed that the conditions of Kanu’s capture have been a subject of media hypothesis in Nigeria.
While a few reports have named the United Kingdom, the Czech Republic, and Israel as nations where Kanu may have been lately, the IPOB pioneer’s family asserted that he was re-captured in Kenya.
Yet, Kenyan government authorities in independent meetings with Reuters and Kenya’s Nation paper exposed the family’s case.
“A representative for the Kenyan inside service said it didn’t know about the matter, while the international concerns service in Nairobi didn’t react to a solicitation for input,” Reuters said in its report.
Likewise, Muteshi while excusing the family’s case revealed to Kenya’s Nation that it was unrealistic to tell whether Mr Kanu had entered Kenyan domain.
“I can’t realize that,” Mr Muteshi said when found out if the cases made by the family were valid.
Kanu, who is confronting a 11-tally charge of conspiracy, backstabbing lawful offense, psychological oppression and illicit ownership of guns, among others, hopped bail in 2017 and left the country.
He was re-charged under the watchful eye of a Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday and requested to be remanded in the authority of the DSS, while the case was suspended till July 26 and July 27.
Biafra – a denied district primarily populated by the Igbo public – was the site of a bleeding common conflict somewhere in the range of 1967 and 1970.
The Federal Government says security and knowledge offices were on the path of Kanu for more than two years before he was re-captured.
The Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed who unveiled this at a media preparation on Thursday in Abuja, said Kanu was carrying on with “a five-star life across a few nations.
The priest said Kanu’s re-capture and bringing home was made conceivable through the coordinated effort of Nigerian security and knowledge organizations.
He portrayed the re-capture and bringing home as “quite possibly the most exemplary tasks of its sort on the planet”.
Mohammed, in any case, didn’t remark on the theories on how the re-capture was pulled off and in which country the heretofore criminal head of the restricted IPOB was seized.
“What we can advise you, by and by, is that the re-capture was put forth conceivable by the tenacious attempts of our security and knowledge organizations, in a joint effort with nations with which we have commitments.
“We will proceed to regard and respect the commitments,” he said
Mohammed noticed that the legal examination did so far had uncovered a mother lode of data on the prohibited IPOB pioneer and his partners.
“While the examination proceeds, we guarantee you that none of the partners, independent of their remaining in the general public, will be saved.
“They will all face the full rage of the law for their exercises that challenge our country’s sway and compromise its solidarity.
“Nobody, regardless of how profoundly positioned, is greater than the country,” he said.👇👇👇Follow Us On Social Media👇👇👇